Boy, am I missing out on the “runner’s high.” No euphoria for me. No sir. I believe somewhere in the not-so-distant past I was excited about progressing fitness and achieving weekly goals, but those days are hardly even a memory. I’m currently passing through the Land of Blahs and cannot even summon the energy to scroll through my own blog for a refresher on (and a link to) better days.
The Land of Blahs, you say? Do tell:
- Hey, I’m going running…again. Blah.
- Hey, let’s go out to Furman for yet another long run. Blah.
- Let’s see, I can either run this loop or that loop. For the kajillionth time. Blah.
- Hey, where did all those socks go? You mean it’s time to wash socks again? How about if I just reuse some somewhat crusty and crinkly ones? Blah.
- What’s that? A car almost hit me? Blah.
I know, it’s pathetic…and that last one was an exaggeration. I mostly care about not getting hit by cars. 🙂 I’m just tired, and even though we’re nearly 6 weeks away from showtime I’m in the kind of mood that says the light at the end of this tunnel is an oncoming train. I’ve been trying to pep talk myself out of this major, major funk…but I’m having none of it. Just call me Oscar, because apparently I am the grouch. Blah.