Ok, I’ll admit it…I’m hooked to the “not me” phenomenon. I can’t help it. It’s just fun. Here’s this week’s edition, go to MckMama’s blog for the whole big list.
Some more things I did not/would not/have never done:
- When I got my hair cut on Thursday, I did NOT think to myself, “wow, if cutting 3 inches off makes me feel this deliciously cooler and lighter and more comfortable, I wonder how much better I’d feel if I shaved my head.” No way.
- I did NOT skip running all weekend because of a TEENSY bit of humidity. I’m way tough, in the middle of training for a very important duel, and I would never let a Florida summer get the best of me.
- I did NOT cry when I opened Running Buddy’s birthday present yesterday. (She was taking care of the cats while we were out of town, and had left me a very spiffy, 50th anniversary edition of The Lord of the Rings when I got back.) I’m NOT a big softy and wouldn’t tear up over an extremely thoughtful, totally unexpected birthday gift. No sirree.
- The note with the book may or may not have said, “have a great year, hope you survive our duel.” I did NOT find this hilarious and am not thrilled that she can at least feign excitement in my made-up summer challenge. What a great Running Buddy!
- I did NOT bring up the subject of possibly trying another marathon yesterday. Even if I did think such a thing, I’m sure it was just a random thought and not actually a seriously consideration, because a second attempt at 26.2 is nearly as silly an idea as shaving my head. I can clearly remember the monotony of training as well as the utter misery of the event itself. What resonable person would be willing to undertake such an effort again? No. Nononononono.