It’s been awhile since I’ve written, and that’s sad. My comeback post isn’t even anything original, just a bunch of bullets as part of a carnival…yes, that’s sad too. For the original Not me!, visit MckMama’s blog.
And now, with no further ado:
- I was NOT so disappointed by the lack of the duel that I spent nearly two weeks not running. No way! I’ve got a pre-marathon shape to maintain here, people.
- Despite the fact that I’m apparently a tiny bit LOT disappointed by the lack of the duel, Running Buddy and I have NOT reached the consensus that there will be no second attempt. That’s silly. The GTC has rescheduled the Running Series 2-miler for September 25 (it’s combined with the BMW Corporate Shield 2-miler), so we could definitely jump in that race. But……..underneath the disappointment is a lack of inclination, and the whole point was to race on the track.
- I did NOT almost cry this weekend when we went to Furman to run. (Yes, more Swamp Rabbit pics…I’ll do my best to get a post up by the end of the week!) This is the first time I’ve visited the trail since it’s been paved, and…oh my. I miss the dirt. I know that they intended to pave it all along and that it will last longer this way, but…sniff.
- I did NOT take a certain sick pleasure in making Scott watch Ice Age 1 and 2 this weekend. After all, it was his idea to watch all of our movies alphabetically…he should be prepared to deal with the animated consequences. Chuckle.
- I do NOT really, really, really, really want it to be October so I can start marathton training. I mean, yikes. We all know that it will be less than two weeks into training before I start whining about being tired, and hungry, and bored.
- I do NOT just really, really, really want it to be any month besides August. Who could have a grudge against a month? Honestly. That’s just weird.
- I have NOT become a virtual running coach. No way. How could I possibly be qualified for that? Let’s see…with my vast knowledge of training methodology and physiology…oh, wait. I have an English degree. Two of them, actually. I especially wouldn’t volunteer to help a friend train for a half marathon. We all remember what happens when I run a half marathon, right? That’s right. I go out too fast and then throw up. It is a good friend who puts her training in my hands…
There are my nots. Unreasonable August aggression, crying for dirt, and all.