Hola, folks! I thought I’d track my progress towards the “30 Things” goals month by month. Let’s see how it’s going:
30 Things to Do While I’m 30
- Go on a fun trip for our 10-year wedding anniversary.
Use the sports massage gift certificate Scott got me for Christmas.Done! And it was MARVELOUS, if occasionally awkward. I’d never gotten a massage before, so I wasn’t sure on the etiquette. The closest comparison I had was getting my calves worked on by the physical therapist when I was in college. Sitting around in running clothes and trying not to cry, however, didn’t prepare me to be handed a robe and told to change. Change? Like, it’s just me and the robe? Is that how it goes? Is that really necessary?
- Put trim underneath the kitchen counters.
- Read through the list of “100 Greatest Novels” or some such. Ongoing. I’m reading “Emma” right now, and remembering how much of a Jane Austen fan I am NOT. That comment may get my “girl card” revoked.
- Go on a date with Scott at least once per month. Ongoing. I’m counting our “vacation” as a date for July.
- Learn French. Ok. I’m going to revise this to ATTEMPT to learn some French.
- Get a mani/pedi.
- Make a grocery budget.
- Buy an item of clothing that doesn’t come from a department store.
- Use the “paid community service days” my company provides.
Go back to church.Mission accomplished! We’ve gone two weeks in a row, which some would say is a streak. LilRunr enjoys his time in their daycare, and Scott and I are so glad to have a place to worship.
- Try at least 12 new restaurants.This is a fun one. Since I went to DC on business, I got to try three new places: Cheesetique (7/24), Hard Times Cafe (7/25) and the Chart House (7/25). Pictures of these meals were posted on Twitter, because I have nothing else of interest to share with the world.
- Go on an overnight trip WITHOUT taking Drake along.
- Take Drake to his first KU basketball game.
Take Drake to a zoo.We went to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo in Colorado Springs. LilRunr was fascinated by the giraffes in particular. This zoo has a giraffe feeding area, and he would just stare up at this incredibly, long-necked creature peeking over the fence, hoping for some lettuce. He also liked the monkeys, bears, and fish…although his enthusiasm waned as we got closer and closer to naptime.
- Take Drake to a pumpkin patch.
- Take Drake berry-picking.
- Take Drake to Shatto farm to meet the cows.
- Sew something.
- See friends AT LEAST twice per month. Ongoing. We had dinner with Megan, Eric, and their toddler a couple of weeks ago. LilRunr and the other toddler were instant best friends, chasing each other around our basement giggling the entire evening. It was adorable. This weekend, Scott’s friend the Winter Warrior is driving up for a weekend of Olympics and cycling with Scott.
- Get more followers than people I follow on Twitter.
- Run fast enough to be a member of the Kansas City Smoke.
- Get an age group award for a half marathon.
- Make Drake’s baby album.
- Play golf at least twice.
- Cook more meals than we eat in restaurants. .
- Write a book.
- Stain the fence around our backyard.
- Look for our dream house.