30 Things to Do While I’m 30
- Go on a fun trip for our 10-year wedding anniversary.
- Use the sports massage gift certificate Scott got me for Christmas.
- Put trim underneath the kitchen counters.
- Read through the list of “100 Greatest Novels” or some such. Ongoing. I’ve read “Tom Jones” and “Nightmare Abbey” since I last checked in.
- Go on a date with Scott at least once per month. Ongoing. We missed September completely, but then we took a solo trip to Omaha in October.
- Learn French.
- Get a mani/pedi.
- Make a grocery budget.
- Buy an item of clothing that doesn’t come from a department store.
- Use the “paid community service days” my company provides.
- Go back to church.
- Try at least 12 new restaurants. Ongoing. On 10/16, I went to Fud with a co-worker. She is on a dairy-free, gluten-free diet because of her baby daughter’s food sensitivities, so an all-vegan, mostly-raw, all-hippy place like Fud is her best bet to eat anything besides a salad. On 10/19, Scott and I went to Trini’s. I already blogged about that one. YUM!
Go on an overnight trip WITHOUT taking Drake along.DONE! This was one of the toughest goals on the list. In the middle of October, we spent our first weekend
- Take Drake to his first KU basketball game.
- Take Drake to a zoo.
Take Drake to a pumpkin patch.DONE! Sort of…crap! Totally didn’t take the kid to a pumpkin patch. I did, however, acquire some pumpkins for him at Hy-Vee, and he got to decorate one with stickers. I told him to “pat” the stickers to put them in place, so now he calls the pumpkin “Pat-Pat.” We still have it. It’s his friend. I’m not sure we’ll ever be able to get rid of it.
- Take Drake berry-picking.
Take Drake to Shatto farm to meet the cows.DONE! Sort of…yes, I’m “cheating” on a lot of these. But on 9/29, we took the lad to the Deanna Rose Farmstead in Overland Park. LOVE this place! And there were lots of cows.
- Sew something.
- See friends AT LEAST twice per month. Ongoing.
- Get more followers than people I follow on Twitter. Ongoing. Ok, this will never happen, but last week I got retweeted by USA T&F. They said that maybe my child will be a gold medalist one day. YES!
- Run fast enough to be a member of the Kansas City Smoke.
- Get an age group award for a half marathon.
- Make Drake’s baby album.
- Play golf at least twice.
- Cook more meals than we eat in restaurants.
- Write a book. Ongoing. Pretty exciting. Have a plot idea.
- Stain the fence around our backyard.
- Look for our dream house.